Monday, May 12, 2014

Price available upon request




Let's recognize the difference between being persistent and being annoying. It's been over a year from my last text to his most recent. And in my last message I asked this man to stop texting me! 

Seriously, if you were in his shoes, how would you feel if I suddenly responded. Would you feel victorious like your method of slow and steady had won the race? Would you realize that if I was responding I must have run completely out of other options? Would you go look out the window to see if the apocalypse had occurred? 

This is also a man who offered to buy me things if I would decide that I liked him. He liked to dangle the carrot, so to speak, but I think he wasn't willing to invest without knowing the rate of reciprocity on my part. He specifically mentioned a few things like the designer bags I had been eyeing at Von Maur. But he said he wanted me to really like him before he was going to start buying me extravagant gifts. Well, I didn't.  

When I turned down a dinner date and said I wasn't interested, he invited me to go on vacation with him to spend his bonus check from work.  Again, free vacation sounds nice, but if I don't even want to spend the length of dinner with you why would I go out of town with you? 

He also talked a lot about how he had significant money. Ladies, any man who has to talk about it doesn't have a lot. Talk is cheap. Everyone knows that actions speak louder than words!
And let's be real here, these gifts and vacations were definitely going to cost me something. 

Moral of today's story: Nothing is free. Not vacations, not expensive gifts. It's one of those "price available upon request" situations, which always tells me it's too rich for my blood!
Bonus moral of the day: When a woman asks you to stop communicating wih her, she is NOT playing hard to get. She straight up doesn't like you. 

1 comment:

  1. To quote Buffett, "Price is what you pay, value is what you get." He should be selling his value.

    ReplyDelete