Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dr. Sugar


Knowing when to make the first move and kiss a girl is a tricky thing for guys. He runs the risk of offending by giving unwanted kisses or ruining the moment by being to hasty. 

 I am in the majority of women who let the man initiate the first kiss. Our job is easy because, let's face it, getting a man to kiss you takes less effort than breathing. It's getting them to stop that's difficult. 

When I went out with "Dr. Sugar" he was a hasty kisser. He was poised and ready to pucker when he walked me to my car after our first dinner date, but the moment felt more perfunctory than romantic despite his sweet conversation. I wouldn't have been offended by any means, but I just didn't want to kiss him yet. So I turned my head and let him kiss my cheek that night. 

On our second date, I made the mistake of meeting him at his house. Due to his busy schedule at the hospital, we had to wait quite a while before our calendars aligned for a second date. In the meantime, we had been having some great conversations on the phone. He told me he wasn't dating anyone but me. This wasn't the DTR convo, but I was considering being exclusive since he brought it up. I felt like we were moving in a good direction. 

He was half Spanish and half Indian, and the foreign influences made him a true romantic when we conversed. He always knew the right thing to say, and I felt as if he could read my mind before I ever said what I was thinking. 

When I arrived at his house, he took my coat and immediately started kissing me. It was not romantic. There was no more sweet nuance. I had arrived and that apparently meant to him that it was time to immediately jump on me. Sense the moment, Doctor! It's usually not about what you're trying to do, but how you're going about it. First kisses should be romantic not rushed. I thought doctors would know these things...

I'll spare the gory details, but the evening became very awkward when I literally told him to keep his pants on. He verbally agreed with me that he had been too aggressive on only our second date. But despite his apology, I never saw Dr. Sugar again seemingly since I did not put out on the second time we had met. 

Moral Of Today's Story: Men, sense the moment! Not to add to your pressure, but nothing ruins the romance quite like a bad first kiss. Pay attention and you'll know when she wants it. 
Ladies, never forget for even a moment that ALL men - including sweet men, educated men, religious men, and well-mannered men - think with their penises. 


No comments:

Post a Comment