Sunday, May 18, 2014

Plenty of Catfish

I've told a few stories about my Plenty of Fish (POF) experiences. Well, this is the one that sent me straight home to delete my profile.

I won't be giving an alias today as in most of my stories. His name was Marc - or at least that's what he said. I had first communicated with Marc at the beginning of the year, and we talked about going out. He said he needed to double check something in his schedule, but then I didn't hear from him again. His profile was deleted the next day as well. 

I had forgotten all about Marc when he contacted me on POF again in August - 8 months later. He apologized for disappearing, claiming he had felt overwhelmed by the whole online dating experience. I could empathize with that feeling so I didn't hold it against him. 

He suggested that we meet at a Barnes and Noble in a Friday evening, and I agreed. Right when I arrived, he texted that he was running late from work and would be about 35 minutes late. 
I was slightly annoyed since I had nothing to do but wander around the book shelves and wait. But I told him I had just arrived and I'd see him when he got there. 

Exactly 35 minutes later he texted

Now, I was looking around as he was texting, and feeling foolish since I had already seen pretty much everyone in the store during the past 35 minutes. 

I'm also fairly certain that he was there and watching me for all of those 35 minutes. 

Creeper! 

He said he was wearing blue and tan. There were five men in the store at the time, and they were all wearing some combination of blue and tan. I saw nobody who remotely looked like his pics that he had sent. He had quite a few pictures, but I don't know if that's what he really looked like. 
I do know that he has set up a profile three different times with pictures of the same man. Despite the fact that I reported him, he set up another profile.

Moral of today's story: Ladies, if you see this man, DO NOT go out with him! Because unfortunately, there are plenty of catfish in the sea! 


No comments:

Post a Comment