Wednesday, May 14, 2014

1,000 Words



A picture is worth 1,000 words. This is especially true of a dating profile picture. I mean, seriously, the written descriptions usually have a 500 character max! Where do you think the important info comes from?? 

The following are an overview of what any single girl will see a million times on EVERY dating site!
Let's decode what some of the typical profile pics really tell you. 

The shirtless, headless hunk pic

-I may own shirts, but I don't like to wear them.

-I spend all my free time at the gym...and taking selfies.

- I didn't bother to include my face because I'm only interested in using our bodies, if you know what I mean.

The clearly cropped out ex girlfriend pic

- Most likely this was a recent breakup, and thus I have not had time to take a new pic. 

- I'd like you to be my rebound girl. 

- I only signed up for this dating site so I can move on faster than my ex!

- You can't be positive that this wasn't my mom in the pic! You know what happens when you assume...

The "me and my niece and nephews! Love them!" pic

- I'm letting you know I like kids so you'll consider having mine!

- I don't have the common sense to not put pictures of children on the internet for strangers to see! 

- I don't actually know these children. I just photo bombed them! 

The "me and my sister" pic

- I have an oddly affectionate relationship with my sister! It's disturbing, really. 

- I could have used a photo where we're not being uncomfortably touchy-feely, but I'm just not that bright. 

The undefined lone child pic

- My psych professor said that women respond favorably to pictures of babies and puppies. 

- Im not going to tell you whose child this is. I'm really just hoping you'll be curious enough to email me :)

- I still see nothing wrong with posting innocent children's pictures for strangers!  

The mysterious woman in the pic

- What? We just broke up an hour ago. I didn't have time to crop her out of my pics yet! 

- It might be my sister. Or my friend.

- You still can't be positive that this wasn't my mom in the pic! You know what happens when you assume...

The "mom and me" pic

- My mom will be joining us on our first date! 

- She's going to live with us someday, too! Built-in babysitter!

Today's moral of the story:  People are purposely representing themselves a certain way by the profile pictures they choose. In these cases, it's best if you DO judge a book by its cover. 













No comments:

Post a Comment