Sunday, June 22, 2014

Shopping

When people find out that I write a blog about dating, I very often hear statements like "Wow! You must go on a lot of dates!"  While it's true that I go on a lot of dates, it does not mean that I am in as many dating relationships.

When a woman says she spent the day shopping, the normal follow up question is "What did you buy?" Or perhaps, "Did you buy anything?" 

When I go on a date, I am shopping for a man I'd like to keep. This isn't bargain hunting where you buy a bunch of crap you don't need because it was 75% off plus a coupon on top. I am not collecting men who will hang in the back of my closet but never be taken out. I do not look for the right size man and take home one in every color! 

When I shop for a product I wish to purchase, I might ask friends for referrals, I often look online for more information, and when possible I definitely want to see it in person and experience it for myself. I will not know if someone or something is right for me without at least one experience, and in many cases I need several experiences to know. 

I am shopping for one man who is especially high quality to last for years. I need him to be versatile, multi-seasonal, able to be dressed up or down, goes with every outfit I might wear and to every occasion I might go. This type of high end man is a big investment, but definitely worth the price tag. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I shop around.


Moral Of Today's Story:
It pays to shop around! Don't settle for the bargain bin just because you didn't peruse the whole store. 
And when you are shopping for a mate, I do believe that calling it a date is the best way to let both parties know you have the same end goal in mind. Don't leave room for ambiguity by calling it something else like "friendship" or "hanging out" or the one I hate the most "non-date!"

No comments:

Post a Comment