Friday, June 13, 2014

Reading Between The Text Lines

There are many times that we women read into things that really should be taken at face value. This is especially true of communication with men. Men, unless they are purposely deceiving or manipulating you, will say what they mean. Men do not have the word games and mind games that women have concocted. That being said, there are some instances where men do not state everything on their minds. So here are a few insights into what that text or statement might really mean.

Text:

"Good morning, beautiful!"

His thoughts:

"I woke up and immediately thought of you."
                 -or-
"I think you're beautiful."
                 -or-
 "I'm currently picturing you naked."

Text:

"Hey"

His thoughts:

"I don't know what to say, but I wanted to connect with you."
                 -or-
"It's been a while and you're probably mad at me so I'm venturing to communicate by just saying 'hey.'"
                 -or-
 "I'm currently picturing you naked."

Text:

"I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you. I misplaced my phone and couldn't find it until late last night!"

His thoughts:

"I was out with another girl, but I want to keep you both as options. Losing my phone sounds plausible. Yeah, I'll just say that's what happened."
                 -or-
"OMG, I really did lose my phone, but it sounds so fake! She's going to think I'm lying! Arg!"
                 -or-
"I'm currently picturing you naked."


Text:

"We should meet up for coffee or a drink sometime."

His Thoughts:

"I wonder if she prefers a latte or a macchiato. Maybe we'll try that new coffee shop"
                 -or-
"I don't necessarily mean anytime soon. But I'd like to string you along and have my options open for a while."
                 -or-
"I'm terrible at scheduling, but maybe she has a good suggestion for time and place."
                 -or-
"I'm currently picturing you naked."



Text:

"What are you wearing?"

His Thoughts:

"I'm currently picturing you naked."


Moral Of Today's Story:
You don't always know what someone means when he writes behind the mask of his phone. Assume the best. Most often, guys say what they mean. Just be aware that there are, unfortunately, some guys who don't have honest intentions. Trust your instincts. You know more than you think you do.








No comments:

Post a Comment