Friday, September 26, 2014

Maybe I'll give Taylor Swift a call

Every time people find out that I write a blog about my dating life, I get a different reaction. 

There's the "wow, you go on a lot of dates!" Yes, I do. I decided not to keep dating the same loser, which means I have gone out with subsequent losers in my search for a winner.

"I've thought about online dating once." Ok, is that the end of your story? And BTW, not all of my date stories are from online dating.

"Dating is so hard! I'm so glad I'm married. I just don't think I could deal with all you go through." No, you probably couldn't because for one thing, your mouth clearly has no filter! 

The most common response is people saying that they've heard about my blog/read one or two posts, and then they proceed to tell me, "I've been on a lot of crazy dates, too! People say that I could probably write a blog, too! Ok, I've been on two dates in my life, but the guys were really lame." First of all, it's one thing to commiserate, but if you wanted to talk about yourself, don't start a conversation pretending to be interested in something of mine. Second, if you want to write a blog, then do it. It's free, and I don't have the corner on this market. I just started writing one day, and now there are strangers in ten different countries reading about my comically-horrible relationship problems. 

A few people have referred to me as the "Taylor Swift of blogging." As in, anyone who dates one of us can expect to be written about later in some form. I was less than flattered by these comments at first, but then again Taylor Swift is laughing all the way to the bank! Maybe someday we'll share that in common! (Fingers crossed, knock on wood, any publishers want to pay me for my Good Lunch Stories book???)

Moral Of The Story:
To paraphrase Ms. Swift, Haters gonna hate. Players gonna play. Heartbreakers gonna break. Fakers gonna fake. So I'm just gonna shake it off! Shake it off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment