Friday, September 26, 2014

I've already met Prince Charming

I've come to the harsh realization that I may have already met my Disney Prince. If you get down to it, these fairy tale characters have charmed the pants off us simply with romantic singing, dancing, and what I can only assume to be one hell of a first kiss! 

Prince Charming was a spoiled, rich daddy's boy who was only looking for a wife because he needed one to inherit the crown--and his daddy made him. He probably only picked the peasant girl as a subtle "eff you" to the upper crust! And he might have had a foot fetish... I knew one of those once...

Aladdin, was a homeless, jobless, liar and a thief. Need I say more? 

Snow White and Sleeping Beauty both had creepy stalkers who liked kissing girls when they're passed out...sounds like roofies were involved if you ask me!

I think Belle and the Beast might have had the best romance because she knew he was terrible from the beginning. But then he had a "Jerry McGuire" moment when he realized she made him "want to be a better man." And in this case, she was a helluva kisser! 

Moral Of Today's Story:
Maybe the only thing we're missing from a real-life fairy tale is a show-stopping song and dance number. True love in these stories overlooks glaring flaws and obstacles and instead offers grace and acceptance. Maybe that's the real point of the tale. If you love somebody, love them with their imperfections. And by all means sing and dance with the townspeople when you find your true love's kiss! 


No comments:

Post a Comment