Monday, September 22, 2014

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do

What is it about a bad boy that's so alluring? Why is there such a thrill about doing something wrong? Or for the less adventurous, the thrill of vicariously doing something wrong?

Now, I'm somewhat of a late bloomer in that I didn't go through my rebellious-wild-oat-sowing phase until my late twenties so there were no juvenile delinquents or mini thugs in my dating past. I theoretically understand the attraction of the bad boy, but I've only had one encounter with a live one. 

I had met Bad Boy for drinks and appetizers, and we had a nice time talking and commiserating about our previous retail work horror stories....And I may have been pondering how full and soft his lips looked...

Although we were having a good time, our server was probably one of the worst I've had, ignoring us for so long that we wondered if she was even going to bring us our bill. And we were sitting at the bar right in front of her!

This is the part where Bad Boy tried to persuade me to join him in a life of crime. Did that sound overly dramatic? Ok, here's what happened: 

Since our server and the other bartender were still ignoring us, Bad Boy put his hand on my knee and leaned close to suggest that we "dine and dash." I thought he was joking, so I laughed and agreed that it would be really easy to walk away unnoticed. He gestured with his eyes toward the door and asked again. This is the part where he started to see my straight-laced side because I insisted that we would not steal our refreshments by not paying for them. Rather, we would leave her a 10% tip which in my book is the worst insult you could give a server!

After (finally) paying our tab (Dutch style, I might add), he walked me to my car. Now it was cold out and his car was way on the other side of the restaurant so I, being the nice girl that I am, offered to drive him over there so he wouldn't be cold. Hindsight is 20/20, and I now realize that he thought this was an invitation to get frisky in the car.  

His lack of integrity about paying the bill was already a huge turn off for me, and then he pounced on me in the car! His lips were as soft as they looked, but I shoved him off and said "I don't kiss on the first date." Which he thought was some kind of joke, but after another awkward attempt he shook my hand and said "good night."

Bad Boy and I did not go on a second date. He texted to see if I made it home, and that was the last I heard from him.

Moral Of Today's Story:
Bad Boys may be cute and have kissable lips, but it's not worth being dragged into a life of crime - or even just questionable morals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment