Friday, March 20, 2015

Good Resume

After finding nothing but old men and taken men for quite a while, I went on a date this week with someone single and my own age. On paper, everything looks great-job, home, similar faith, dog (not something I'm specifically looking for, but it indicates a level of caring and responsibility that's a plus), and no crazy baggage. Basically, he had the right resume.

Well, if you've been a regular reader, you can probably guess already that if he's good on paper, he's a dud when it comes to chemistry between us. Your guess is correct.

Good Resume must be the slowest move maker ever! It took over two months of emailing small talk type questions before he asked to meet for a drink. I had actually thought he would probably be more outgoing and dynamic in person since a lot of men just aren't good at emails or texts. Then we met for one dull hour of margaritas and face to face small talk. I still had time to stop at the grocery store and make it home to put on my sweatpants -all before 8pm!  

Three days later he texted to ask about my week. I thought it was strange that he didn't check to see if I got home that night or call to say how great it was to meet me, yada yada, [insert other compliments here]. 

I've been pre-conditioned to expect men to get to the point. Ordinarily, they tell me by the next day at the latest that they like me/want to see me again/are hoping(and only hoping!) for a booty call. 

Prior to our date, Good Resume made a point of saying  that for the first meeting, he likes to do something short and casual ie. coffee or a drink. So I'm not really sure how to play this hand. I'm definitely not interested, and I don't want to lead him on. But he hasn't actually stated that he would like to go out again so I'm not sure if this is just part of his slow process or what?

There is still the possibility that he's not interested in me, and he's only keeping the line open between us "just in case." But that's not likely. I don't say this out of arrogance as if every man falls in love with me - clearly, that's not the case! However, my intuition is almost never wrong. 

Moral Of Today's Story: 
Sometimes those with a Good Resume don't interview well. This applies in job interviews as well as dates. Also, in both job life and dating life, one should make a statement of interest for the position you desire. 
Unfortunately, I know who I want to fill the position in my life, but as of yet there have been no statements of wanting the position. What's a girl to do? 





No comments:

Post a Comment