Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Passive-Aggressive Is The New Black

A few months ago, I thought being dumped in a text message was offensive, but do you know what's worse than that? Not even getting a text message, that's what! 

I've been a little frustrated with The Boss lately because he's been too busy to meet my friends, see me more than once every week or so, and now apparently he can't be bothered even to reply to a text message!

The past couple weekends he's had flimsy excuses for not coming to get together's with my friends. This past weekend he had said he'd let me know later in the day if he could come since he wanted to work on some work projects. Well, he just flat out ignored my message later. Twenty-four hours after that, I still had not heard from him. Rude! 

So I texted him and he explained about some work issues that kept him busy. I refrained from ranting about how I feel he needs boundaries for his work/social life balance and how he probably just shouldn't check emails and things on Saturday night! 

Instead I told him that it was hurtful for him to ignore me and that I felt he should at least respond to me to say he couldn't hang out with me after all. It is three full days later and I haven't heard a word from him! So all I can assume is that he is passive aggressively breaking up with me. (Either that or he's going to act like it was no big deal and want to hang out whenever he finds himself with free time. 
In which case, perhaps I will passive aggressively break up with him.)

The bar for the men I date has gotten so low. All I'm asking for is that you care that I'm upset, and that if you are the one who made me upset then you apologize-in a timely and appropriate manner! That sounds pretty basic, right? 

After all the crises and work problems I've helped him talk through and work out, he doesn't have five minutes to show some reciprocity to me! 

Moral Of Today's Story: If you care about someone, you have to show it. I won't believe your words anymore when your actions don't line up! This just in:  passive aggressive is so last season!  

No comments:

Post a Comment